Our Fair Chance Employment Programme is an inclusive programme which supports Warwickshire employers to shape their roles and recruitment processes to be more inclusive and accessible to Warwickshire jobseekers who would benefit from reasonable adjustments and support into employment.
Since its launch, the programme has supported young people and adults with SEND, Ukrainians settling in Warwickshire and Care Leavers.
The programme is growing and now supports:
- Resettlement communities
- Ex-armed forces and families
- Young people who are not in education, employment or training (NEETS)
- Over 50’s who are looking to return to employment or re-train
- Care Leavers
- Young Carers
- People who have been made redundant
As a Fair Chance Candidate, you will gain access to our exclusive Fair Chance Jobs portal, which will feature unique job opportunities from inclusive Warwickshire employers and will offer an interactive platform which will support you to do the following:
- Apply for jobs that have carved with the Warwickshire Fair Chance Employers
- View employer's films showcasing their job opportunities
- Access a “plan my journey” tool to explore a travel route on foot, by bus or by car
- Ask the employer a question about their roles
- Upload information about yourself and your careers aspirations
- Receive information regarding local training opportunities.
The portal is managed behind the scenes by our Fair Chance Business Support Team to ensure there is 'wrap around' support for employers and jobseekers. It will have some unique features including a 'plan your journey' section, 'ask a question about this role' option and a Fair Chance film showing what it’s like to work in that company.
Other Fair Chance benefits include:
- An option to have in-work support through a job coach if required
- Access to a flexible support fund to help with short term travel, training needs or items that will help once employed
- Travel training around using public transport if needed